Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Yield: about 2/3 cup (170 ml)
This is a simple and easy version of the classic Bearnaise; you cut back on time and effort, but absolutely no cutting back on taste. With the tang of lemon and tarragon, add the richness of the egg yolks and butter, equals an amazingly, mouth-watering experience.
- 2/3 cup (170 ml) butter melted
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp (7,5 ml) dried tarragon leaves
- 1 tsp (5 ml) tarragon or white vinegar
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium to low heat, once melted, remove from heat and transfer to a spouted container.
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, vinegar, and tarragon leaves in the blender container.
- Blend, after about 2 minutes, add melted butter in a steady slow stream, while still blending; until creamy and smooth.
This sauce is especially delicious with red meats, is also delightful with chicken, shellfish, and fish; thanks to the hint of lemon. You will even love it on poached eggs.
Can be made a few hours in advance; keep at room temperature.