Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 bowls
These poke bowls are not only simple to make and healthy; they are beautiful and so tasty. The combination of every component makes a vibrant and bright meal, while the full flavoured sauce brings it all together. It is easy to improvise, use veggies that you already have in the fridge, instead of shrimp use tofu; be creative and create your own masterpiece.
- 2 cups of sushi rice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp mirin sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp Niagara Sunset sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp mirin sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lb (450g) shrimp - cooked, peeled, and deveined
- 1 mango - peeled and cubed
- 1 avocado - peeled and cut in wedges
- 8 radishes - thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage - shredded
- 1 cup carrots - cut in matchsticks (julienne)
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cook the rice following directions on package. Once cooked and still hot, mix in the rice vinegar and mirin sauce. Set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by simply mixing together all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Start to assemble by first scooping in 1/2 cup of the cooked and seasoned rice into each bowl. Continue to divide and dispose all the components , one by one in the four bowls.
- Drizzle the sauce over each ingredient in the bowl, and finally top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Serve, and enjoy.
Have fun making this easy and diverse dish over and over again by combining new and different components each time.