Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Method: oven and stove top
This is a light, simple, novel spin on brunch, breakfast or any time of the day recipe, you will want to make over and over again. Kick start your day with a punch of bright flavours, both salsa and Niagara Sunset sauce compliment each other by boosting their tangy taste.
- 4 tortillas (flour or corn)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) salsa
- Niagara Sunset sauce to taste
- Preheat oven 350 F
- Brush tortillas with half of the oil, place on baking sheet and heat in oven 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the grated cheese, continue to bake for 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Put the remainder of oil in a skillet, cook the eggs over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- While the eggs are frying, divide and spoon the warm salsa over the tortillas; as soon as the eggs are cooked, transfer them on top.
- Finally, top with a drizzle of delightful Niagara Sunset sauce, and voila!
If you prefer your eggs a little more cooked, you may increase stove top cooking time; or once assembled, heat in the oven for a few minutes.