Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2/3 cup (170 ml )
I don't know about you but I have a lot of trouble getting excited about salads and dressings; they have a tendency to be a little bland and boring on the taste buds and on the eyes. Well today is our lucky day. This little gem of a recipe, will wake up any veggie, protein, cereal, or bean that you had in mind to blend in your salad, flavour wise it gives just the right amount of kick, and beauty, well lets be honest, its very pretty. Its true to its name, colours of the sunset, and added bonus; it rhymes!
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cup canola oil - or any other light tasting oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Tumeric
- 1/2 tsp (2,5 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp (7,5 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) honey
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Niagara Sunset sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) capers - chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- Measure and whisk the oil, turmeric and paprika in a measuring cup or small bowl.
- One by one add the remainder of the ingredients while whisking.
- Place the vinaigrette in a lidded jar or bottle, will stay fresh in the fridge for at least one week.
- Be sure to shake well before drizzling over salad.